The Indonesian military has denied allegations that a woman and three children were shot and wounded during operations to combat suspected separatists in Papua's Puncak Jaya district.
The Jakarta Globe reports Matius Murib, the deputy head of the Papua branch of the National Commission on Human Rights as saying that the incident occurred on July 12 during a shoot-out.
Initial reports said three soldiers and a civilian had been wounded, although the military later revised that figure to five soldiers.
Mr Murib said reports were now coming in that four civilians were shot in the crossfire.
But the head of the Cendrawasih Military Command, said that while the military could not confirm whether there had been any civilian casualties in last week's exchange of fire, the likelihood was low.