Asbestos fears at American Samoa college
Updated at 2:52 pm on 11 September 2013
A building at the America Samoa Community College suspected of causing sickness among students and teachers has been closed while tests are carried out to determine whether asbestos is the cause.
Last month five staff members using the building required treatment at the LBJ Hospital after they developed breathing problems.
They experienced breathing problems and itching - symptoms that the Enviromenta Protection Agency's deputy director, Faamao Asalele, says are consistent with asbestos exposure.
However there is no one certified in the territory to look into whether the building contains asbestos.
Next story in Pacific: Trekkers in PNG attacked, two killed
Copyright © 2013, Radio New Zealand