A group of refugees on Nauru is expected to be flown to Cambodia as early as next week as part of a controversial re-settlement deal.
The Sydney Morning Herald reports up to 10 people are believed to have agreed to abandon their hopes of living in Australia and make the journey to Phnom Penh.
A letter circulating among refugees on Nauru says the first flight will be as soon as Monday, and provide them an opportunity to live in a safe country, free from persecution and violence.
The letter says refugees will be accommodated in serviced apartments upon their arrival, before case managers find them long-term housing.
The newspaper reports the first group that has indicated they will get on the plane are believed to be from several families.
But the Refugee Action Coalition says there is no hard evidence anyone has yet agreed to go or that a plane had been chartered.