A sinkhole has opened up in one of Papua New Guinea's northern provinces, sucking in 16 homes and injuring at least two people.
Reports from PNG say the earth opened up in a swampy area by the banks of the Sepik River in East Sepik province on Saturday.
Witnesses told the Post Courier newspaper the local settlers panicked and scrambled out of their houses within minutes as the earth shook.
The paper reports the residents sought shelter in makeshift houses and in nearby villages.
The National Disaster Centre in Port Moresby is investigating.
Provincial authorities said two people had been hospitalised.