The Tui Glen Reserve in West Auckland

From Jesse Mulligan, 1–4pm, 2:20 pm on 21 June 2011

New Zealand's first motor camp, the Tui Glen Reserve in Henderson, opened in December 1924 and developed into a popular summer holiday destination. The camp closed in 2001 and the buildings fell into disrepair. But in a project initiated by the departed Waitakere City Council, 10 of the historic cabins will be restored.