30 Apr 2012

Thames gold mining history

From Jesse Mulligan, 1–4pm, 2:24 pm on 30 April 2012

The main road into Thames has split, revealing an important part of the area's gold mining history. Part of a pump that was built in 1888 to drain the town's richest gold mines can now be seen through the hole in State Highway 25. A local historian, John Isdale, is very excited about the find.