Twenty years ago Jason Te Kare was a nervous new actor making his debut in Hone Kouka's play Waiora - Te-u-ko-pai. Also in the cast was the hugely experienced Rawiri Paratene.
Fast-forward to now and Waiora is being restaged in Christchurch, Jason's new script Glimmer is about to open and Rawiri will perform in both te reo Māori and English in the Briar Grace-Smith play Purapurawhetu.
Justin Gregory gets the two together to talk about the state of Māori theatre in 2016 and to take them back to Waiora.
- Jason Te Kare talks about his radio drama series Skin Writing on Te Ahi Kaa (17 May 2015)
- Rawiri Paratene on Nine to Noon (31 May 2016)
- Rawiri Paratene on Sunday Morning (27 July 2014)
- Rawiri Paratene on Te Ahi Kaa (13 October 2013)
- Rawiri Paratene on Arts on Sunday (24 June 2013)
- Rawiri Paratene on Arts on Sunday ( 18 Mar 2012)
- Rawiri Paratene on Arts on Sunday on 15 May 2011