WorkSafe is investigating an incident in which three men were burnt by an unknown chemical at a Powerco substation in Manawatu yesterday.
The injured men drove themselves 30 kilometres to Palmerston North Hospital, after they came into contact with the chemical at the site in Kimbolton.
They were carrying the chemical in the back of their ute, sparking an emergency in the hospital car park. A decontamination unit was set up for fire crews and some hospital staff.
The three men were admitted to hospital with minor and moderate injures.