Insurance companies are starting to count the financial cost of the Tasmanian bushfires.
The ABC reports that estimates of property losses from the Tasmanian bushfires have passed $A42 million.
More than 410 claims had been submitted to insurance companies from policy holders in the south of the state by 9am (AEDT) on Tuesday.
Assessors are expected to reach the townships of Dunalley and Sorrell on Wednesday.
The Insurance Council of Australia has extended a catastrophe declaration to other areas in the region, including Bicheno and Lake Repulse.
However, assessors will be able to enter areas only when they are declared safe.
Insurance Council communications general manager Campbell Fuller said more claims will come through as the fires burn.
"We do stress thought this is early days - we would expect many more claims to be lodged in the coming week as property owners return to their communities and get better ideas of the damage," he said.