The Earthquake Commission says it aims to have full assessments of the homes worst hit by last month's earthquake in Christchurch carried out by mid-July.
Full assessments of houses which have been deemed as likely to have no structural damage won't begin until mid-September.
The EQC says by Friday it will have 660 assessors working across Christchurch - up from the 500 or so there now.
It says rapid checks, where an initial assessment is done and the need for emergency repairs is identified, are continuing.
Just over 3000 urgent repair projects are underway - or have been completed - by Fletcher Construction since the quake on 22 February.
The EQC aims to have full assessments of houses with severe structural damage finished within four months.
Homes deemed as likely to have no structural damage will be revisited sometime between mid-September and mid-December.