The Earthquake Commission is reminding Canterbury residents of the deadlines for lodging claims from earthquakes September and February.
A 7.1-magnitude quake hit Canterbury on 4 September last year, followed by a 6.3-magnitude quake on 22 February that killed at least 166 people and caused severe damage in Christchurch and Lyttelton.
Those whose properties were damaged in a Boxing Day aftershock from the September quake have until midnight on Monday to contact EQC by phone or online.
Claims in relation to the February quake close on 23 May.
The commission says rapid assessments of homes are being carried out, but the focus is moving to full checks, starting with homes which have suffered severe structural damage.
By Friday, there will be 660 assessors working across Christchurch; up from the 500 or so already there, it says.