19 Sep 2008

Man who survived 110,000 volt shock transferred to Middlemore

6:25 am on 19 September 2008

A man who received severe burns from a 110,000 volt electric shock while working on powerlines has been transferred to Middlemore Hospital.

The 55-year-old Rotorua man suffered burns to 30% of his body when he received the shock at Putaruru in South Waikato on Thursday afternoon.

He was treated at the scene by paramedics, then flown to Waikato Hospital by air ambulance.

The injured man has since been moved to Middlemore, where he is in stable condition in the hospital's intensive care unit.