A methamphetamine overdose caused a brain haemorrhage in a Wellington woman, who a coroner says was otherwise happy and healthy.
Lisa McMillan was working as the lead underwriter for the insurance firm AXA when she was found dead in her home in January 2010.
A report released today by Wellington coroner Ian Smith says the 39-year-old had no history of drug or alcohol abuse, was in good health, engaged to be married and had no obvious stress in her life.
The report says Ms McMillan's family had no idea of she used the drug.
A drugs educator says the death shows the drug is not something consigned to the underworld.
Managing director of the anti-drugs consultancy Methcon Group, Dale Kirk, says the death should be a wake-up call not to under-estimate the drug.