An electrical fault has been identified as the probable cause of a fire at a childcare centre in Kaikohe.
Thirteen children and eight adults were evacuated from the ABC Learning Centre in Park Road just after 9am on Wednesday.
No-one was injured, but the building is ruined.
The operations manager for ABC Childcare centres says the fire is believed to have started in wires underneath a stage.
Justine Johnson says they are working on getting a new centre operating as soon as possible.
The Fire Service is investigating.