The New Zealand Cricket board has apologised to former captain Ross Taylor who was sacked last Friday.
Taylor was replaced as captain by Brendon McCullum.
Coach Mike Hesson has said he told Taylor during the tour of Sri Lanka that he wanted to replace him as captain for the limited overs part of the game by McCullum.
At a media conference on Wednesday NZC chairman Chris Moller said the board still believed it made the correct decision to endorse the change in captaincy.
Moller admitted the ball had been dropped but was adamant nobody at New Zealand Cricket would lose their job.
Moller says the board has apologised to Taylor and his family for the manner in which events unfolded, but refused to take any questions on the captaincy decision.
He says the board is in possession of some aditional information that will need to be followed up on.
Moller says a special AGM will be held next year to adopt a new constitution that may result in changes to the board.