A New Zealand appeal court has overturned earlier court orders requiring US prosecuting authorities to provide extensive disclosure of documents to internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom.
In May last year, the District Court ruled that Mr Dotcom should be able to see the evidence in his extradition case and that was upheld by the High Court.
The United States wants to extradite Mr Dotcom, a German national with New Zealand residency, and his three fellow accused to face charges of internet piracy, money laundering, racketeering and wire fraud.
In a decision on Friday, the Court of Appeal ruled that in the extradition proceedings the US is entitled to produce a summary of its evidence against Kim Dotcom, rather than the detailed information.
It says that summary, known as a record of case, is a more streamlined process, but does have important safeguards for accused people.
The Court of Appeal says if further documents are required, the Minister of Justice can seek them from the US.
On Friday Kim Dotcom tweeted that he would be taking his fight to New Zealand's highest court, the Supreme Court.
His lawyer, Willie Akel, told Radio New Zealand's Checkpoint programme that the court's ruling is disappointing and they will make a decision over an appeal in the next few days.