A government ministry says two electrical workers found guilty of negligence after an Auckland man was electrocuted are unlikely to face criminal charges.
Trent Page died in March 2010 after electrician Brett McGehan incorrectly installed a mains cable at his Avondale home and an electrical inspector, Harry Gedye, did not check it was safe.
The Electrical Workers Registration Board has found both men guilty of negligence and fined Mr McGehan $7000 and Mr Gedye $6000. They have been ordered to pay costs of $10,000.
John Sickels from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment says the ministry and the police have decided not to take further action against the pair.
"The police have decided early on in the piece that they weren't taking prosecution - they got Crown Solicitor advice on that. We are not proposing to take any further action either."
Mr Sickels says there will still be a coroner's inquest into Mr Page's death.