A Polish man has lost his final legal bid to overturn a Polish restraining order placed on his New Zealand property.
Slawomir Bujak is suspected of criminal offending in his native Poland involving more than $1.5 million.
Authorities there wish to register a Polish Court Order restraining him from disposing of his New Zealand assets pending determination of the Polish Court proceedings.
Last year the Court of Appeal ruled the Polish restraining order could be registered in this country.
However in April Mr Bujak's lawyer told the Supreme Court there was nothing linking the property to be restrained with the alleged crimes.
The Supreme Court said on Friday it accepts a Polish prosecutor's evidence that Mr Bujak's New Zealand property may be tainted by his alleged offending in Poland and upholds the registering of the Polish order in this country.