The fire service will remain at the Southdown freezing works until Sunday, to ensure there are no more flare ups at the site of what's been described as Auckland's largest ever fire.
It has been exactly a week since the fire began at the Penrose site and hotspots were still flaring earlier on Saturday.
The fire service says that fire is now out but one fire crew will stay overnight to monitor the site.
The fire service says they will make a decision on Sunday morning as to whether it's necessary to remain at the site.
The blaze needed 22 fire trucks, 80 crew and a helicopter to bring it under control.