Seismic testing on Wellington buildings has uncovered no results that suggest a risk to public safety, Wellington City Council says.
The council set a deadline last Friday for building owners to complete inspections.
Wellington mayor Justin Lester said 62 of 80 affected building owners had provided detailed reports to the council.
The remainder have been given extensions for seven or 14 days for reasons including the size of building and now the complexity of testing.
Mr Lester said the council had not received any information that created concern about public safety.
"There have been some minor repairs that have been identified within some buildings.
"There was no lasting damage, we're not seeing any instances of structural damage outside of those buildings we already know about."
Mr Lester said it was up to building owners when and how they carried out repairs identified in the inspections, although he said they should not delay.
Inland Revenue last week became the latest to evacuate its building, shifting 500 staff after engineers discovered earthquake damage.