Environment Minister Nick Smith has reversed a decision not to fund a popular collection scheme for computer waste.
The future of the national eDay has been in doubt since the Ministry for the Environment rejected a bid earlier this week for $1.5 million to pay for the scheme this year.
The decision came after the company contracted to recycle the e-waste, CRT NZ, was charged with fraud.
Questions were asked in a parliamentary select committee on Thursday about why eDay was not being funded.
Soon afterwards, Dr Smith said he got on the phone to the 20-20 Communications Trust, which runs the collection scheme, and agreed to provide funding for this year's eDay.
Dr Smith says the ministry will sit down with the trust to solve the problems it has had with its contractors.