The parents of a teenager who died of alcohol poisoning want alcohol education to become part of the core curriculum in schools.
Kings College student James Webster, 16, died in a bed surrounded by vomit five months ago.
Charles Webster told the inquest on Friday that he never had a serious discussion with his son about alcohol, because he thought he was far too young to drink.
He said he and his wife support St John Ambulance, which wants to educate young people about the dangers of drinking and how to help someone when they've had too much.
Mr Webster says his son died because of ignorant and stupid decisions made by others.
The inquest heard evidence that the boy told others he got drunk every other weekend, often to the point of becoming comatose.