Friday's headlines: 37,000 applications for quake help received by Red Cross; lawyer seeking discharge without conviction on drink driving charge; codes of conduct wanted for parents at sports events.
The New Zealand Herald leads with a lawyer's bid to walk free from a drink driving charge. It says the chief district court judge has been assigned to hear the case.
So far, the lawyer has been able to keep her identity secret and is now seeking a discharge without conviction, despite being more than 1.5 times over the legal limit.
Also on the front page: schools are asking parents to sign codes of conduct before sports events in a bid to stop violent incidents among spectators.
The Secondary Schools Association says the problem is worst at netball games.
Earthquake survivor Jane Taylor has told her story for the first time in The Dominion Post.
The paper says tears flowed as Mrs Taylor and her husband watched dramatic footage of her agonising wait to be rescued.
Mrs Taylor was injured by a falling concrete slab at Cashel Mall and was flown to Wellington Hospital in a critical condition 12 hours later. She has been there ever since.
Labour list MP Darren Hughes has offered to resign from Parliament, but leader Phil Goff has so far refused to accept it.
The interview with Mrs Taylor continues in The Press. In other quake news, Red Cross appeal chairman Sir John Hansen says pleas for emergency aid have reached "mind-boggling" levels.
The Red Cross has so far received more than 37,000 applications for help - nearly four times more than expected.
Thousands of people in Christchurch on Thursday queued for hours to get free tickets to The Wiggles.
The Australian quartet announced last week that 6000 tickets for their Canterbury shows next month would be free.
The Otago Daily Times reports a paua poaching operation has been busted by what the the Ministry of Fisheries calls one of the biggest fisheries surveillance operations ever undertaken in Dunedin.
Almost 50 candidates - some from as far away as Britain - have applied to be Dunedin City Council's next chief executive.