A gasfitter has been found guilty of unacceptable conduct for his work on a Nelson home.
The Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board has found Paul Gee incorrectly installed a gas heater in a house creating the risk of a carbon monoxide leak.
The board also investigated Mr Gee's work on several other properties, including Motueka High School.
The investigations followed a Department of Labour complaint about a takeaways shop he worked on where a gas leak caused an explosion.
While seven properties were originally identified as potentially posing a risk to safety, the board upheld only the charge involving the one home.