Some Occupy Auckland protesters say they are prepared to go to jail rather than pack up their tents in Aotea Square in central Auckland.
The protesters, who have been camped out in the square since October, were last week served a court order to leave.
Only five or six tents remain, though some who have left the site have set up camp elsewhere in the city, including Victoria Park.
Those who remain have been summonsed to appear in the Auckland District Court on Thursday to explain why they should not be jailed for contempt of court.
One of protesters, Christian, says the occupiers will hold a meeting on Wednesday evening to discuss leaving, but says he is prepared to go to prison.
Contractors were on Wednesday cleaning up in Aotea Square where the grass has been damaged.