Fire fighters are continuing to look for hot spots after a fire in SkyCity's Depot restaurant.
More than 300 people were evacuated from an office building above the restaurant in central Auckland just before 2pm today.
The Fire Service said the blaze was in Depot next to the casino's convention centre.
SkyCity spokesperson Colin Espiner said the fire started in the restaurant's extractor system.
"We don't know exactly where but a fire has taken place in the extractor system which pulls all the smoke and the cooking fumes from Depot."
Fire Service spokesperson David Carroll said there was still heat radiating through the building.
"We don't know what fire may be going inside of it, so we've got quite a long job ahead of us to check the whole thing through and make sure we've got all of the bases covered."