A revised plan has been released for a revamp of a historic square in Christchurch's central city, following an outcry over the original proposal.
The Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (Cera) announced earlier this year it would carry out public engagement after its plans to redesign Victoria Square sparked a backlash from residents, heritage advocates and city councillors.
The original plan had included moving statues, removing trees and altering the layout of the central city landmark.
The new plan proposal follows feedback received from almost 2200 people.
Associate Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Nicky Wagner said it focused on making small changes that complemented the square's layout, as well as repairing damage on the site.
It retains elements such as curved paths, statues, the pou and the floral clock and all the trees, and includes restoring the Bowker Fountain.
Ms Wagner said it also reflected other improvements that were raised in the consultation, including improving amenities and more recognition of the city's shared cultural history.
New features such as additional seating, new lighting, widening existing paths, upgrading paving and new artwork installations have also been proposed to enhance the space and make it more accessible.
The public can comment on the draft until Friday 31 July and the final restoration plan will be released in September.