A day after Queensland Reds coaching director Ewen McKenzie denied rumours, Wallabies winger Digby Ioane has confirmed he wants to leave the Super Rugby club at the end of the year.
The Wellington-born Reds flyer may be heading overseas in 2014 after falling out with Queensland's administration over a third-party payment dispute and claims of another off-field incident.
The Reds went into lockdown on Tuesday after Ioane claimed he had told the club earlier this month he was leaving, the club scrapping plans to release a statement on Ioane after players and staff kept a low profile from media at training.
Ioane - one of the world's best wingers - claimed he had "no choice" but to quit the Reds due to a long-running payment row.
However, Queensland CEO Jim Carmichael claimed Ioane's conduct - not his contract - was a major issue, and he says the club is investigating an alleged incident at a Brisbane hotel last weekend.
Ioane was reportedly in an altercation with hotel staff when refused entry because he was not wearing a shirt. He later tweeted about the incident.
It came barely a month after Ioane was stood down from a Reds match after getting involved in an incident at a Melbourne bar.
Carmichael told The Australian newspaper that the 34-test veteran's conduct is a bigger problem than his contract.