21 Dec 2009

Tua will still fight five times in 2010 says promoter

5:51 pm on 21 December 2009

David Tua's promoter Cedric Kushner is confident the heavyweight boxer will fight five fights next year, despite cancelling his first bout in February just days after announcing it.

Tua announed last week he was to fight the former WBA champion, Bruce Seldon, in the United States before fighting Nigeria Friday Ahunanya in New Zealand at the end of March.

But the Seldon fight's been cancelled by Tua, because of family reasons which Kushner says made Tua reluctant to head to the United States after Christmas to train.

Kushner's still optmistic Tua will still get a title fight next year despite Britain's WBA champion David Haye, WBC champion Vladimir Klitschko and his IBF, WBO and IBO champion brother Vitali already being committed to bouts.

However Kushner says there will be greater options in the second half of the year.