Joseph Parker's fight against English heavyweight Hughie Fury has been scheduled for May 6 at Auckland's Vector Arena
Parker's promoter, Duco boss David Higgins, confirmed today that the fight for the WBO world heavyweight title will take place on 6 May in New Zealand, despite Fury's impending hearing over doping allegations.
Higgins says Fury's hearing with the British Boxing Board of Control has been set for after his fight with Parker.
The 22-year-old Fury, the cousin of former undisputed world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, is alleged to have used the prohibited steroid nandrolone back in 2015.
Hughie and Tyson Fury were both provisionally suspended in June last year but the ban was lifted after an appeal.
Both have denied taking the performance enhancing drugs.
Higgins says Fury and Parker have both agreed undertake WADA approved testing for the fight though Higgins couldn't confirm if the testing will be done before or after the fight.
Higgins did confirmed though that Parker will earn 60 percent of the $3 million dollar purse, while Fury will get the remaining 40 percent.
The 25-year-old Parker is undefeated in his 22 fights while Fury is also yet to taste defeat, he's won all 20 of his fights.