Two children have died in northern China after drinking yogurt said to have been laced with rat poison by the owner of a rival kindergarten.
The Xinhua news agency said the girls in Hebei province suffered convulsions and started foaming at the mouth after consuming the yogurt on 24 April.
The kindergarten owner is said to have confessed to the poisoning because two schools were competing for children.
A man suspected on helping her plant the yogurt has also been detained.
According to Xinhua, the girl's grandmother found the yogurt along with several school notebooks on a roadside close to their school in the village of Lianghe, Pingshan county.
She took it home and gave it to the girls when they came back from school.