The death toll from the attacks in Barcelona has risen to 14 as police continue to search for the driver of the van that swept into crowds on Las Ramblas boulevard.
A van swept into crowds on Barcelona's popular tourist Las Ramblas leaving 13 people dead and more than 100 injured.
Emergency Services in the area have since increased the death toll to 14.
Police arrested two people they said were involved but were still searching for the van's driver, who fled on foot.
Six civilians and a police officer were injured in another attack in Cambrils, a town south of the city. The attackers ran them over in a car, before police shot them dead and carried out controlled explosions.
Police said the two incidents were linked.
The Las Ramblas strip, much of which is pedestrian-only, reopened in the morning after the attack. Although a police presence and security tape was still visible, people were able to move around the street, many carrying backpacks or pushing suitcases.
Spain's Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy described it as a "jihadist attack".
He announced three days of national mourning and a minute's silence will be held later on Friday.
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack in a brief statement, saying it was carried out by "Islamic State soldiers". The group gave no further evidence or details to back up their claim.
Australian boy, 7, missing after Barcelona attack
Jom Cadman, one of four Australians injured in the events, was in Barcelona to attend her niece's wedding. She was caught up in the van attack in the city, and remains in a serious condition.
Her son, Julian Cadman, was separated from his mother during the van attack on the boulevard, his family said.
The boy's father, Andrew Cadman, said he had spoken to the pair only several hours before the attack. He said he was flying to Barcelona tonight to search for his son.
"If you know anyone in that area that you can share this with, please do so," the boy's godfather Colin Baxter wrote on Facebook.
New Zealand's government said no so far New Zealanders have been caught up in the Barcelona terrorist attack. There are 257 New Zealanders registered on SafeTravel as being in Spain.
- ABC / BBC / Reuters