Authorities in Yemen have dismissed a ceasefire offer by northern rebels, insisting they must also agree to end attacks on Saudi Arabia.
Houthi rebels had said they would accept government truce terms if the Yemeni army halted an offensive.
The rebels from a minority sect based in the north-western Saada district have been battling the government since 2004.
The BBC reports several earlier ceasefires have broken down, some soon after being agreed.
Last Wednesday, Saudi deputy defence minister Prince Khalid bin Sultan said the rebels had been driven from Saudi land.