20 Apr 2011

Chilli fumes too hot for some to handle

7:32 pm on 20 April 2011

Chillies drying in a Melbourne resident's backyard sparked an emergency services callout on Tuesday.

An ambulance was sent to a home in the south-east suburb of Cranbourne after two men were reported to be coughing and having difficulty breathing, the ABC reports.

At one stage, up to 10 people in a radius of 150 metres were complaining of feeling dizzy and nauseated.

Inquiries revealed the source of the fumes was strong chillies drying.