Blasts at Chinese government buildings
Updated at 8:21 pm on 26 May 2011
Three explosions have struck government buildings in eastern China's Jiangxi province, according to state media.
Initial reports said at least five people have been injured in the blasts, in the city of Fuzhou on Thursday.
One eyewitness told the state-run Xinhua news agency that windows had been blown out at the local prosecutor's office. A car had also been destroyed in the blast, the BBC reports.
Other eyewitnesses saw ambulances taking away injured people from the local government office, the scene of another explosion.
Officials say the cause of the blast is being investigated, but one government source told Xinhua that a farmer with some kind of grievance is suspected of triggering the explosions.
Next story in World: Egypt to open border crossing into Gaza
Copyright © 2011, Radio New Zealand