11 May 2016
Question Time for 11 May 2016
- JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the resilience of the New Zealand financial system?
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statements in the House yesterday?
- JAMES SHAW to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
- Dr JIAN YANG to the Minister for Building and Housing: What reports has he received on the number of properties bought and sold by those with tax residency overseas and how do they compare with previous reports?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: Will his expectation stated in Budget 2015 that unemployment would drop below 5 percent in 2016 be met; if not, why not?
- RON MARK to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
- MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Land Information: What did the data, released by Land Information New Zealand, in the Property Transfers and Tax Residency report indicate regarding the tax residency of those buying and selling property in New Zealand?
- PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister for Building and Housing: Does he stand by his statement in relation to data showing that 1,694 houses were sold into foreign ownership, excluding any bought via trusts or companies, that "the numbers are so small"?
- JULIE ANNE GENTER to the Minister of Revenue: Does he agree with the Prime Minister, who said the disclosure and reporting requirements for foreign trusts under IR607 were "extremely broad and deep"?
- DENIS O'ROURKE to the Minister for Building and Housing: Does he stand by his statement concerning off-shore buyers pushing up Auckland house prices, "The easiest trick in the book is to create a scapegoat that it's these foreigners that are a problem"?
- Dr SHANE RETI to the Minister of Education: What recent announcements has she made that will increase support to students with special needs?
- CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Why does she accept some responsibility as Minster of Education for Hon Bill English's statement that a lot of Kiwis are "pretty damned hopeless" and "they can't read and write properly"?