28 Aug 2012
Question Time for 28 August 2012
- JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Finance: What is the Government doing to ensure that people are paying their fair share of tax?
- DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Was he correct when he said the gap between the rich and poor "has been reducing"; if not, why not?
- METIRIA TUREI to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that "the most comprehensive study of inequality in New Zealand is Household incomes in New Zealand: Trends in indicators of inequality and hardship"?
- ALFRED NGARO to the Minister of Justice: What steps is she taking to get tough on child pornography?
- JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by her statement in relation to the report on household incomes released last week that "I tell you what New Zealanders say: 'Thank goodness for a National Government that has managed its way through it and is now seeing real progress' "?
- MIKE SABIN to the Minister for Social Development: What recent announcements has she made to require those on benefits with work-test obligations to be ready and work available?
- TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Has he seen the advice from Tower Investments Chief Executive Sam Stubbs that a delay in a float of Mighty River Power until early next year could increase demand for the shares; if so, what harm would be done by delaying the sales while the Treaty partners negotiate a solution to recognise Māori rights and interests in water?
- BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: What reports, if any, has he received regarding the enrolment into the Midwifery First Year of Practice Programme?
- CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by her statement made in a speech to the New Zealand Educational Institute principals' conference that "This idea that students have to be labelled as failures is offensive to me"; if so, why?
- Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Does he stand by his answer to Oral Question No 10 on 1 August 2012 regarding asset sales and water rights that "it is not to say that it is not expected"?
- JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of State Services: What reports has he received on New Zealanders' satisfaction with public services?
- CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of Education: Why is she proposing to close Salisbury Residential School in Nelson and McKenzie Residential School in Christchurch?
Questions to Members
- MOANA MACKEY to the Chairperson of the Finance and Expenditure Committee: On what date will submissions on the Climate Change Response (Emissions Trading and Other Matters) Amendment Bill close?