19 Sep 2012
Question Time for 19 September 2012
- DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement: "The test is whether I can rely on the member's word and he has given me assurance that he met the law … There is a statute of limitations and he has complied with the law"?
- PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Finance: What is the Government doing to deliver better public services within its wider economic programme?
- TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister for Treaty of Waitangi Negotiations: Does he agree that "Consulting involves the statement of a proposal not yet finally decided upon, listening to what others have to say, considering their responses and then deciding what will be done"; if so, how do the Government's consultation hui about the "shares plus" proposal align with this definition?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: What did he mean in his reported statement "we're considering what we can do to resist a rising exchange rate", and how does he reconcile this statement with that given by the Associate Minister of Finance on behalf of the Minister of Finance yesterday to the effect that the New Zealand Government has absolutely no way of influencing the New Zealand dollar down?
- Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: What progress is the Government making with National Health Targets?
- JACINDA ARDERN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that "… I am prepared to commit Government resources to try to lift children out of poverty"?
- MIKE SABIN to the Minister for Social Development: How will the recently established partnership between Child, Youth and Family and Te Rūnanga A Iwi O Ngāpuhi better protect children?
- Hon MARYAN STREET to the Minister of Health: Is he satisfied that New Zealand women and children are receiving better, sooner and more convenient health care?
- SCOTT SIMPSON to the Associate Minister of Transport: What recent announcements have been made by the Government in relation to New Zealand's vehicle licensing system?
- METIRIA TUREI to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement, "I do not know so much about 'Planet Key', but my expectations are it would be a lovely place to live, it would be beautifully governed, golf courses would be plentiful, people would have plenty of holidays to enjoy their time, and what a wonderful place it would be"?
- DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Labour: How have employment law changes relating to the minimum wage and 90-day trial implemented by the Government improved the working lives of New Zealand women?
- TODD McCLAY to the Minister of Revenue: What progress has the Government made towards making retirement savings portable between New Zealand and Australia?
Questions to Members
- ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Chairperson of the Local Government and Environment Committee: When will the Local Government Act 2002 Amendment Bill be reported back to the House and approximately how many written submissions have been received on the Bill?
- ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Rt Hon Winston Peters: What is the intention of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (Amending Primary Function of Bank) Amendment Bill?
- ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Rt Hon Winston Peters: How will the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (Amending Primary Function of Bank) Amendment Bill help the Reserve Bank pursue a balanced macro-economic policy?
- ANDREW WILLIAMS to the Rt Hon Winston Peters: Why is the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (Amending Primary Function of Bank) Amendment Bill needed now?