25 Sep 2012
Question Time for 25 September 2012
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister responsible for the Government Communications Security Bureau: Does he consider that he should have been informed about the unlawful bugging of Kim Dotcom earlier than Monday, 17 September 2012; if not, why not?
- JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Finance: What measures has the Government taken to improve the long-term competitiveness of the New Zealand economy?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: How many times has he been formally briefed by the Government Communications Security Bureau, by year, since November 2008?
- DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements in relation to Kim Dotcom and the inquiry into the actions of the Government Communications Security Bureau?
- NIKKI KAYE to the Minister of Education: What support exists for the publication of National Standards data?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement that "exporters are actually doing their best, and they need all the help they can get from a Government that is actually in favour of exporting and investing"; if so, what support has the Government given Solid Energy to prevent layoffs and redundancies?
- COLIN KING to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: What is the Government doing to improve access to foundation-level tertiary education for young New Zealanders?
- GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does he stand by his statement on fracking that he has "full confidence in the ability of councils to manage it" when unlined earthen blow-down pits were used without resource consent for over a decade, and now the soil and groundwater near Kapuni wellsites in Taranaki is contaminated?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Is it still his position that the test for his confidence in Hon John Banks was that he complied with the law; if so, on what basis does he believe that Mr Banks complied with the law with respect to anonymous donations under the Local Electoral Act 2001?
- KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Civil Defence: What progress has the Government made in encouraging New Zealanders to participate in the ShakeOut earthquake drill?
- CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Attorney-General: Has the Government given any type of indemnity relating to legal actions concerning Kim Dotcom; if so, what are the terms and which agencies were consulted before it was given?
- SHANE ARDERN to the Associate Minister of Health: What initiatives is the Health Promotion Agency taking to assist the Government's heart health and diabetes targets?