14 Nov 2012
Question Time for 14 November 2012
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that the Household Labour Force Survey is "the most rigorous form of measuring employment in the economy"; if so, what were the Survey's results for unemployment for the last four quarters?
- DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he still think his Government is "on the right track"?
- MAGGIE BARRY to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making in getting back to surplus and reducing future borrowing?
- JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by all her answers to Oral Question No 9 yesterday?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: Is he satisfied that Immigration New Zealand's visitor visa processing system is robust and effective; if so, why?
- MIKE SABIN to the Minister for Social Development: What further announcements has she made on the Children's Teams, part of the Government's White Paper for Vulnerable Children?
- Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister for Economic Development: Is he satisfied that the policy initiatives undertaken by his Ministry are adequately tackling the problem of unemployment; if not, why not?
- DENISE ROCHE to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: Was he referring to the SkyCity Convention Centre, which is the subject of an inquiry by the Auditor-General, when he told the House, "in relation to the International Convention Centre, they have sought to stop, which is the reason right now for 1,000 less jobs in this country"?
- CHRIS HIPKINS to the Associate Minister of Education: Does he stand by his statement "Yes I do have confidence in Novopay"?
- JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of Corrections: What steps has the Government taken to protect communities from high-risk offenders?
- DARIEN FENTON to the Acting Minister of Labour: When will he begin the process of consulting on the minimum wage for 2013?
- KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Internal Affairs: How many New Zealanders have applied for a passport online since the launch of the Online Passport Renewal Service?
Questions to Members
- DENISE ROCHE to the member in charge of the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill: What is the purpose of her Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill?
- DENISE ROCHE to the member in charge of the Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill: How will her Criminal Proceeds (Recovery) Act 2009 (Application to Casinos) Amendment Bill benefit the victims of crime?