14 Mar 2013
Question Time for 14 March 2013
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with the Prime Minister that one of the three main reasons for Solid Energy's precarious financial position was that "they added gearing to a company that historically had not had gearing"; if so, why?
- Dr JIAN YANG to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the outlook for the economy?
- GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Finance: Why did the Government approve increased debt for Solid Energy on 28 May 2009 despite the latest company report at the time stating that coal prices were falling and "we expect this downward trend to continue through 2009 and into 2010?
- JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What recent reports has he received regarding increased production of methanol from New Zealand gas?
- Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Does he stand by all the statements he, his predecessor and other Ministerial colleagues have made regarding the State-owned Enterprises portfolio?
- BARBARA STEWART to the Minister of Health: Is he satisfied that the current number of beds and staff in neonatal intensive care units throughout New Zealand is enough to service our growing population?
- CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for ACC: What is ACC doing to encourage safe sporting and fitness practices?
- DAVID CLENDON to the Minister of Justice: Why is she proposing changes that may deny people legal representation in the Family Court?
- Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Revenue: What reports has he seen regarding his proposal to apply fringe benefit tax to employee car parks in the Auckland and Wellington central business districts?
- SHANE ARDERN to the Minister of Health: What progress is the Government making on access to free GP visits for children aged under 6?
- CHRIS HIPKINS to the Minister of State Services: What reasons did the State Services Commission give him for Lesley Longstone's resignation when he was briefed by them on 6 December 2012?
- KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Internal Affairs: What recent announcements has he made about reducing unnecessary red tape under the Gambling Act 2003?