9 Jul 2013
Question Time for 9 July 2013
- METIRIA TUREI to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he agree with the Department of Internal Affairs' advice to his officials on the proposed international convention centre that "virtually any of these proposed concessions would almost certainly be followed by an increase in the number of people seeking help citing problems linked with casino machines or casino table games"; if not, why not?
- JAMI-LEE ROSS to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the Government's financial position – particularly progress in reaching its target of returning to fiscal surplus in 2014/15?
- DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
- CLAUDETTE HAUITI to the Minister for Economic Development: What progress has the Government made on establishing an international standard convention centre in Auckland?
- Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statements regarding Solid Energy and the Future Investment Fund "Well, again I think he's saying that technically it was in the rules it might be possible. I haven't actually seen – can't recall either seeing [indistinct] and marked those things that are in the budget is an allocation process" and "If Bill's saying it's there, there might be a [indistinct] allocation"?
- KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of State Services: What progress is being made toward the achievement of the Government's Better Public Services targets?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement "The Government decides what the Future Investment Fund is spent on"?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements on the recent controversies around the GCSB; if so, why?
- EUGENIE SAGE to the Minister of Conservation: Does he agree with former Otago Conservation Board chairwoman, Associate Professor Abby Smith, who said restructuring at the Department of Conservation has left it "dead in the water"; if not, why not?
- MIKE SABIN to the Minister of Justice: What new initiative is the Government undertaking to fight crime and drug addiction?
- Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister of Internal Affairs: What actions is he taking to minimise the harm from gambling?
- CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister of Internal Affairs: What progress has been made toward the Government's targets for delivering more services online?