21 Aug 2013
Question Time for 21 August 2013
- Hon KATE WILKINSON to the Minister of Finance: What progress is the Government making with its share offer programme to help New Zealanders diversify their savings away from property and bank deposits?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
- CLAUDETTE HAUITI to the Minister for the Environment: What recent announcements has the Government made relating to the improvement of planning frameworks under the Resource Management Act 1991?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: What cost/benefit analysis was done to justify the $30 million subsidy payment to Rio Tinto, and what would the effect have been on electricity prices had the payment not been made?
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: Did officials provide the Government with an estimate of the cost to the Crown in foregone interest of allowing retail buyers of Meridian Energy shares to pay for their shares in instalments; if so, what was that estimate?
- Hon PETER DUNNE to the Minister of Justice: Why were the Electoral Act 1993 and the Electoral Regulations 1996 excluded from the provisions of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002?
- PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Finance: Why did the Government through its memorandum of understanding agree the Reserve Bank could introduce loan-to-value ratios without an exemption for first home buyers?
- PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Local Government: What changes will the Government make to the Local Government Act 2002 to improve housing affordability?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Is he confident that his Minister of Trade's actions in regards to the Trans-Pacific Partnership are in the interests of New Zealand?
- Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister for Primary Industries: Does he stand by his public statement yesterday that the Snapper 1 Policy proposals are not "too controversial"?
- EUGENIE SAGE to the Minister for the Environment: When she said, "… I think we can point to any number of ways that we are making our environmental safeguards more effective and more stringent" was she referring to her proposed changes to the Resource Management Act 1991?
- DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Labour: Does he believe that collective bargaining will increase or decrease as a result of his employment law changes in the Employment Relations Amendment Bill?