28 May 2014
Question Time for 28 May 2014
- Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Prime Minister: Does he still stand by his statement, "there's no fundamental underlying reasons to believe there's a problem in our housing market"; if so, has his Government done enough to assist people into their own home?
- Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Finance: Over the past six Budgets, has the Government made the tax system fairer for households and businesses; if so, how?
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Is he aware of any ongoing fiscal risks to the Crown resulting from the operation of the emissions trading scheme?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree that Scenario 2 in the Budget 2014 Economic and Fiscal Update, which is based on net migration being over 40,000 people, forecasts higher interest rates, increased housing demand, higher inflation, more household dis-savings, and that "… additional consumption is funded through increasing levels of household debt and this constrains consumption growth further as debt servicing costs increase"?
- TIM MACINDOE to the Minister of Science and Innovation: What recent announcements has he made about the future direction of investment in science and innovation in New Zealand?
- CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Education: What action will she take to tackle the problem of children coming and going at decile one schools at a rate equivalent to half those schools' rolls, as the Child Poverty Action group found in their latest report?
- GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: Is he satisfied that the Government's policies have contributed to fair employment outcomes?
- COLIN KING to the Minister of Education: What recent announcements have been made on the Government's investment in early childhood education?
- ANDREW LITTLE to the Minister of Labour: What new measures, if any, is he considering that will lift pay rates so that all wage and salary earners share in a growing economy?
- Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
- CLAUDETTE HAUITI to the Associate Minister of Health: What recent announcements has she made to support increased immunisation?
- DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Labour: What specific initiatives, if any, can he point to in Vote Labour in Budget 2014 that will help raise the wages of low income and insecure New Zealand workers?