13 Aug 2015
Question Time for 13 August 2015
- Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Trade: Does he stand by his statement that the $6.2 billion investor-state dispute settlement action initiated by the Swedish power company Vattenfall, "is not, in fact, an attempt by the company to stop a democratically elected German Government from shifting its policy on nuclear power; it is about the financial implications of that decision"; if so, why?
- DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the resilience of the New Zealand economy?
- IAIN LEES-GALLOWAY to the Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety: Will all New Zealand workers have the right to have a health and safety representative when they request one, under the Health and Safety Reform Bill?
- Dr PARMJEET PARMAR to the Minister for Economic Development: What is the Government doing to encourage more investment throughout New Zealand?
- Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: When the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade stated on 19 April 2012 that they were "finding an appropriate mechanism to meet Al Khalaf's concern for 'compensation' (possibly through the joint venture)", did 'compensation' mean compensation or have some other meaning like "not compensation"?
- MARK MITCHELL to the Minister of Trade: What is the Government doing to reduce, what some commentators are saying is, an overdependence on trade with China?
- Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for State Owned Enterprises: What was Solid Energy's debt in 2008/09 and what was it in the latest annual report?
- CLAYTON MITCHELL to the Minister of Broadcasting: Does she stand by all her statements?
- BRETT HUDSON to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What recent reports has he received on energy trends and growth in New Zealand?
- STUART NASH to the Minister for Land Information: Has she received information from the Overseas Investment Office which confirms the statement of the Minister of Economic Development that "We have not been as effective as other countries in ensuring that overseas investment into New Zealand has provided the additional benefits"?
- JAN LOGIE to the Minister for Social Development: What actions, if any, has the Ministry of Social Development taken to ensure the wellbeing of children in families subjected to benefit sanctions, given that sanctions of sole parents have increased by 19.98 percent in the last year?
- TODD BARCLAY to the Minister for Food Safety: What announcements has the Government made that will help our primary sector have greater access to the latest technologies and agricultural products?