Blake Street Mussel Fritters
- 1kg packet smoked mussels
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 100gms leaf coriander, chopped
- 2 eggs
- small amount self raising flour
- olive oil to fry
Blitz the mussels in the food processor, pulse chopping so they are roughly chopped. Add the eggs and pulse.In a bowl add the chilli, coriander, onion, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the mix with the flour just enough to bind. Let the mix rest. Fry off in batches.
Serve with a watercress shoot and red onion salad, lemon wedges. We serve with a lemon, roast garlic aioli.