Butterfly Pork Stuffed with Blue Cheese & Poached Pears with Light Dijon Mustard & Honey Sauce
- 6 slices of lean pork loin, 1” thick
- 100 gms good quality blue cheese
- sml can of poached pear slices
- sprig fresh rosemary and 2 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- 100 gms butter
- 100 gms flour
- 1 tbsp dried chicken stock
- 2 C of water
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 C cream
- white pepper
Make pockets in the slices of pork with smaller entry cut. Fill with blue cheese and pears and sautéed mixture of garlic and rosemary and close whole with crossed toothpicks to avoid losing content of pork.
Grill on medium /high heat direct for 15-20 minutes.
Make roux and add Dijon mustard and honey and season with pepper and possibly fresh tarragon. Cook flour out and add cream.
Don't use salt if you use powdered chicken stock!!!