Ceviched Tequila Snapper
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 500g skinned, boned snapper fillet cut into 3 cm pieces
- 6 large tomatoes, cored, seeded, halved, rubbed with a little olive
- oil, grilled or barbecued until just collapsing, skinned and mashed.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup stuffed olives
- ½ teaspoon sweet Spanish paprika
- 4 tablespoons tobasco
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 50 mls Tequila
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 red capsicum, cored, seeded and thinly sliced.
- salt to taste
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled and diced 3 cm
- lime wedges and parsley sprigs for garnish
Mix the lime juice and fish well and set aside 30 minutes, until the fish goes white, drain and discard the lime juice.
Put the fish into a bowl and add everything else except the avocados, mix well.
Set aside 1 hour.
Add the avocado, mix carefully and put everything onto a deep platter.
Garnish with lime wedges and parsley.
Serve with hot tortillas.