Cheat's Butter Chicken Stew
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4-5 boneless chicken thigh portions, skin removed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder or paste
- 2-3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 420 gram can condensed tomato soup
- To finish
- Large knob butter
- ½ cup cream
1. Dice the chicken and brown in a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan or a heat-proof casserole. Set aside.
2. Add the carrots and onion and toss in the oil until the onion browns a little. Stir in the curry powder or paste and garlic and when fragrant add the soup and return the chicken to the pan. Stir and cover.
3. Simmer gentle or bake at 180°C fro 30 minutes. Stir in the butter and cream and serve with rice and favourite greens.
Up-market or change me!
- Use a butter chicken curry paste mix
- Add 2-3 tomatoes, quartered before serving
- Add a handful chopped fresh coriander before serving
- Serve with basmati rice, poppadums or naan bread and mango chutney
- Use about 650 grams diced lamb or mutton for casseroling or stewing in place of chicken.
Slow cook me!
Pile all the ingredients into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.