Cheat’s Mexican-inspired Pork Stew
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 500 grams diced pork to casserole
- 2 peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 420 gram can condensed tomato soup
1. Brown the pork in a dash of oil in a lidded frying pan or heat-proof casserole, set aside.
2. Add the peppers, onion and carrot and toss until browned. Stir in the seasoning and when fragrant add the soup and return the meat to the pan or casserole and cover.
3. Simmer slowly or cook at 160°C for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender.
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or pasta.
Up-market or change me!
- Add garlic lots of it with the onion; about 1-2 teaspoons
- Add can of well-drained kidney beans
- Add ½ cup olives - black or green
- Serve me with polenta
- Add a 1 teaspoon each ground coriander, cumin and paprika for extra flavour
- Use diced beef for stewing or casseroling in place of pork
Slow cook me!
Throw all the ingredients (without browning) into a slow cooker and cook on low for about 6 hours.